About this Event
Digital Guided Implant Planning
Leave with the knowledge and confidence to place an implant with digitally-guided surgery protocol
This Course Includes:
- Free guided-stent
- Free implant and restored crown
- Free CT scan
Sat. 23 July 2022 | Sat. 15th October 2022
Dental Scan Ltd. 3rd Floor, 75 Harley Street, London W1G 8QL
Dr Manny Matharu & Dr Prashant Naik
09:30 Introduction Lecture
11:15 Morning Break
11:45 Lecture + Exercises
14:00 Lecture + Exercises
15:15 Afternoon Break
15:45 Hands-on Exercises
Who is The Course For?
Clinicians already placing implants, wanting to start guided surgery.
After an introduction to the concept of guided implant surgery, you will learn to use SMOP, an implant and surgical guide planning software through a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises (all equipment provided). You will work through case selection, opening and setting up cases on SMOP, planning the implant(s) and designing the surgical guides. This will be followed by using the OSSTEM OneGuide implant system to place implants fully guided on models.
• You will have the opportunity to explore intraoral scanning.
• You will have the opportunity to explore CBCT setup, techniques, protocol.
• Learn about guided surgery, the protocols, pitfalls and limitations
• CT Scanning (Hands-on)
• Guided Kits by OSSTEM – an introduction
• Intraoral Scanning – an introduction (Hands-on)
• Correct case selection and planning
• Undertake data acquisition and merging of CBCT and model scans on SMOP (hands-on)
• Plan implant cases using a restoratively driven approach with digital wax-ups (hands-on)
• Learn how guided surgery can influence and enhance your implant treatment
• Use the OSSTEM OneGuide Kit to place a fully-guided implant on models (hands-on)
• Hands-on on SMOP so learn how to digitally place an implant and plan
• Best principals on how to acquire good data from VOL/DICOM and STL’s from IOS or surface scanners
• What is better Full guided or only pilot approach
Dr Prashant Naik
BSC (Hons), BDS(Hons), Dip.Imp.Dent.RCS(Eng)
Prash qualified with a distinction in 2006, having won several prizes and a national award as the BDA/Dentsply student clinician of the year in 2005.
Following on from Oral Maxillofacial training, Prash obtained the renowned Diploma in Implant Dentistry with the Royal College of Surgeons (England).
Guided surgery has enabled him to increase the precision, quality and predictability of treatment and he uses it for the majority of his cases, including full arch and sinus lift cases. He has a passion for teaching and is looking forward to sharing his extensive practical knowledge of guided surgery.
Dr Manny Matharu
Dr Manny Matharu is the owner and founder of two Dental practices is Kent and London, as well as the Director of VEUS Dental Lab. Veus is well on the way to being recognised as a leading name in Digital Implant Laboratories in the UK and Europe.
His clinical focus, Implant Dentistry, is directed towards making the integration between lab and clinic more streamlined, in particular utilising latest guided surgery protocols and Digital Implant Dentistry pathways to provide reproducible, high quality and efficient treatment outcomes. Manny established VEUS Lab in 2012, which, with his experienced team of technicians and customer support colleagues, has grown to a full service analogue and digital laboratory servicing over 250 Dentists across UK and Europe. In relation to implant dentistry, VEUS Lab has years of experience with Digital Implant planning (using CBCT Dicom and STL’s), Implant guide fabrication (Single, Multiple and Stackable systems), Implant abutment milling, Implant bar design and manufacture and more.
Includes food and refreshments
Dental Scan Ltd.
3rd Floor, 75 Harley Street, London W1G 8QL
About the OSSTEM OneGuide KIT
- Keyless precise, open-guided surgery kit
- More accurate, efficient and safe surgery
- Reduced movement
- Reduced heat at drill site
- Shorter drilling steps
- Compatible with most in-surgery software systems
- Tapered design drilling sequence Easier implant placement in posterior