About this Event
SMOP Guided Implant Surgery Course
The only cloud surgical Software with live sharing cases with colleagues.
One-day Course (Lectures & Hands-on).
Location & Date
Sat. 1st February 2020 | Marriot Hotel – Manchester
9am – 5pm
Dr Adnan Safdar & Mr Hugo Patrao
9am • Registration
9.30am • Introduction Lecture
11.15am • Morning Break
11.45am • Lecture + Exercises
1pm • Lunch
2pm • Lecture + Exercises
3.15pm • Afternoon Break
3.45pm • Hands-on Exercises
Who is the course aimed?
Clinicians already placing implants, wanting to start guided surgery.
- After an introduction to the concept of guided implant surgery, you will learn to use ‘Smop’, an implant and surgical guide planning software through a combination of lectures and hands on exercises (all equipment provided)
- You will work through case selection, opening and setting up cases on Smop
- Planning the implant(s) and designing the surgical guides
- This will be followed by using the Osstem OneGuide implant system to place implants fully guided on models
- Learn about guided surgery, the protocols, pitfalls and limitations
- Correct case selection and planning
- Undertake data acquisition and merging of CBCT and model scans on Smop (hands on)
- Plan implant cases using a restoratively driven approach with digital wax ups (hands on)
- Learn how guided surgery can influence and enhance your implant treatment
- Design and fabricate surgical guides in Smop (hands on)
- Use the Osstem OneGuide Kit to place a fully guided implant on models (hands on)
- Hands-on on SMOP so learn how to digitally place an implant and plan
- Best principals on how to acquire good Data from
- VOL/DICOM and STLs from IOS or surface scanners
- What is better Full guided or only pitot approach
Dr Adnan Safdar
BDS (King’s) BSc (Hons) MFDS RCS Ed PG Cert (Rest Dent) MSc (Dental Implantology (Manchester – merit)
GDC No: 153742
Adnan graduated from King’s College London in 2008. Whilst at King’s, he spent an additional intercalated year of study in Biomaterials for which he attained a First Class (Hons) BSc degree as well as a distinction for his research project.
He then embarked on a journey to develop his skills and broaden his perspective in dentistry. He worked in the Oral & Maxillofacial departments in Northwick Park Hospital (London) and Wexham Park Hospital (Slough). Following this he completed a Restorative Dentistry post in the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital (Sheffield) and then worked as a Specialty Dentist in Restorative Dentistry in Glenfield Hospital (Leicester).
Adnan eventually moved to Manchester, spending a number of years in NHS dentistry before ultimately working fully in private practice. He continued his enthusiasm for learning and building his skills in order to offer the highest standard of care for his patients. He completed a Post Graduate Certificate in Restorative Dentistry (Tipton Training) and an MSc in Dental Implantology with merit (University of Manchester) in 2015.
Since then, he has attended numerous seminars, conferences and courses both within the UK and abroad to enhance and refine his dental implant skills including the ‘Urban Regeneration Programme’ with Prof Istvan Urban, (Budapest), ‘Zero Bone Loss Concepts’ with Prof Tomas Linkevicius (Lithuania) as well as courses on Guided Surgery, Immediate Full Arch Loading, Sinus Lifting, Digital Dentistry and more.
Adnan splits his time across 4 dental practices: Dentist on The Rock, Bury and mydentist practices in Manchester, Burnley and Lancaster. He has been using SMOP for planning his implant cases for the last 3 years and is able to design and print his own surgical guides using this software.
Away from dentistry, Adnan enjoys spending time with his young family, socialising with friends, travelling, trekking, playing football, reading and supporting Leicester City!
Mr Hugo Patrao
Hugo is a service partner specialist for SMOP by Swissmeda with a degree in Dental Technology and is also registered with the GDC. He is involved in developing and improving the SMOP software to meet the increasing demands of the market and deliver specialised training on digital planning workflows.
In recent years Hugo has been at the forefront of dental technology, working with heads of research and development teams from around the world. He has helped deliver new dental appliances and more recently he was helping clinicians incorporate new technologies and digital planning into their practices and protocols, design drilling guides and developing new drilling procedures.
Includes food and refreshments
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Hale Rd, Hale Barns, Manchester WA15 8XW
About the OSSTEM OneGuide KIT
- Keyless precise, open-guided surgery kit
- More accurate, efficient and safe surgery
- Reduced movement
- Reduced heat at drill site
- Shorter drilling steps
- Compatible with most in-surgery software systems
- Tapered design drilling sequence
Easier implant placement in posterior