About this Event
This unique course offers delegates 9 days didactic learning followed by 3 days of supervised hands-on surgical training on their own live case.
This course is aimed at General Dental Practitioners who are new to implant dentistry and are looking for a firm foundation to their training. This course will provide one to one learning opportunities with world class surgeons and will act as a gateway into a career-long pathway for your implant journey.
8 Day Didactic Training
Venue: Smile Designs Implant Studio, Harrogate
Dates: January 29th-30th | Feb 26th-27th | Mar 18th-20th | Apr 16th-17th 2021
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this stage of the course delegates will have learned the basics of patient selection, case planning, implant placement and prosthetic provisions.
Over this stage the 9 days are divided into four distinct phases:
- Clinical examination
- Record taking
- Occlusal analysis
- Laboratory communication
- Medical implications relevant to implant surgery
- Patient communication: identifying and clarifying patient’s aims and wishes
Prosthetically driven Planning
- Study models
- Diagnostic wax ups
- Cone beam CT
- Surgical Guide construction
- Review of implant macromorphology, micromorphology, surface characteristics, to allow informed decisions on implants choices appropriate to clinical scenario.
- Patient Communication: case presentation and informed consent
- Atraumatic extractions.
- Socket preservation. When, why and with what.
- Immediate V delayed v late
- Basic guided bone regeneration and material choice (xeno, allo, auto and synthetics)
- Soft tissue surgery for optimised implant outcomes
- 2nd stage surgery and soft tissue manipulation
- Patient communication: what to expect before during and after surgical phase
- Practical exercises with pigs heads
Prosthetic stages of implants
- Material choices for implant prosthodontics
- Clinical and laboratory stages of implant restorations
- Analog v digital
- Temporisation stages
- Soft tissue manipulation
- Patient communication: Maintenance and care of restorations, expected outcomes, the prognosis of final result
Venue: 3 days, Smile Designs Implant Studio, Yorkshire House, 60 East Parade, Harrogate HG1 5LT
Dates: May 6th – 8th 2021
- Atraumatic extractions: tools and techniques
- socket preservation: materials and techniques
- Implant placement with bone enhancement
- Implant placement with soft tissue enhancement
- Implant placement in fresh extraction sites
- Implant Placement with internal sinus lifting
- Second stage soft tissue Management and techniques
- Incisions, flaps and sutures basic techniques
- management of early and late complications
- Follow-ups of your own cases
Dr David Veige – DD BDS MJDF (RCS Eng.)
Dr David Veige, is originally from Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Now living in Harrogate, he is a leader in the industry of clinical dentistry. Not only does he utilise his own in-practice dental laboratory, but he’s a lecturer for multiple implant companies, a clinical mentor to new dentists, a member of the Association of Dental Implantology (ADI) and a member of the International Team for Implantology (ITI). Dr. Veige has placed 3,500 dental implants (and counting!) with a 99% success rate.
Dr Ian Kerr – BDS MSc CUBS Cert
Ian has over 30 years experience in dentistry and has spent the past 15 years as the founding partner of a multi-discipline private practice in Hawkhurst, Kent. In his time in dentistry Ian has worked in general practice and in the Restorative Department at King’s Dental School. His time in practice is limited now to endodontics and restorative care with a particular interest in the management of acute and chronic pain. Ian has recently completed the Cardiff University Expert Witness certificate program and has a keen interest in dento-legal matters.
Guest lecturer: Dr Florin Bobia
Florin opened his first private practice in 2003; since then, it has grown into “Perfect 32”- a modern clinic focused on complex dental rehabilitations such as bone and soft tissue reconstructions, dental implants and aesthetic treatments.
Theory: January 29th-30th, Feb 26th-27th, Mar 18th-20th, Apr 16th-17th, 2021 – Harrogate
Practical: April 16th-17th 2021 – Harrogate
How to book: Please call Harriet on: 07504003535 or Info@aimhigherdental.com