DAY ONE – THE BASICS
For anyone brand new to these two programs, this is a great place to start. This is a hands-on course that walks through using Meshmixer to do a simple 1-3 tooth digital wax-up and using Blue Sky Plan to plan out implants and make a surgical guide off those digitally set teeth.
– Configure Meshmixer for tooth set-ups
– Bring STL files into Meshmixer
– Use the free Christian Brenes tooth library to set teeth diagnostically
– Prepare a model for 3D printing
– Discuss basic printing techniques
– Importing DICOM and STL files into Blue Sky Plan
– Planning implants
– Fabricating surgical guides
DAY TWO – ADVANCED STUFF
For 1-3 units, the workflow is very straightforward and easy, but many want to do more than the software can do. Meshmixer has been used by many to push Blue Sky Plan to its limits. While there are patents that prevent certain designs you are allowed to make (e.g. stackable guides), we will cover other techniques to handle full arch cases.
– Know the right diagnostic information needed in Blue Sky Plan
– Fabricate a full arch guide in Blue Sky Plan
– Use Meshmixer to virtually wax a full arch prosthesis (interim hybrid)
– Edit the guide in Meshmixer to provide guided bone reduction
COURSE DIRECTOR: DAVID VEIGE
DD, BDS, MJDF (RCS ENG.) MSC. IMPLANT DENTISTRY
David lectures both nationally and internationally on the digital and laboratory aspects of implant dentistry. He is the director of Smile Designs Dental Laboratory, a private boutique laboratory focused on high-quality crown, bridge and implant restorations.
Originally from Toronto Ontario, Canada, David qualified firstly as a dental technician and then as a dentist from the University of Newcastle with a distinction in academic dentistry and the top restorative dentistry prize. He was shortlisted for the Young Dentist of the Year UK at The Dentistry Awards in 2009 and has been awarded membership to the Royal College of Surgeons Joint Dental Faculty by way of examination. He graduated with merit from the University of Warwick with a MSc. degree in Implant Dentistry. He is currently studying a MClinDent at King’s College, London in fixed and removable prosthodontics. He is a member of the ITI (International Team for Implantology) and ADI an organization focused on advancing the science of implant dentistry. David’s practice is limited to implant and advanced restorative dentistry.
Course Date: 18th – 19th September